ABOUT THE BOOK:
Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering (Geo technical Engineering) is a fast developing branch of Civil Engineering and its study is essential for the successful execution and maintenance of several civil engineering works. The subject of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering forms a part of the curriculum for the students of Civil Engineering. A good text book for the subject is therefore necessary to facilitate proper comprehension of the subject by the students. There are several books available on the subject Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, but the author feels that each of the available books is lacking in one respect or the other. As such none of the available books on the subject is complete in all respects. The author has therefore made an earnest attempt to bring out a book on the subject which may be reckoned as a complete text book in all respects. The text of the book has been divided in two Parts. The Part I deals with the Fundamental Principles of Soil Mechanics. The Part II deals with the Earth Retaining Structures and Foundation Engineering. The subject matter has been presented in a simple unambiguous language which is easy to comprehend. The book covers the syllabii of this subject prescribed by the most of the Indian Universities for the undergraduate courses. The special features of the book are as follows :
1. A chapter on Laboratory Experiments is included which would be helpful to the students for conducting
the experiments in the laboratory.
2. The SI system of Units has been adopted along with the equivalents in the MKS Units.
3. It contains the latest available information based on the latest Indian Standards and various Journals and Manuals on Soil Mechanics.
4. The text has been supported by a large number of Illustrative Solved Examples and equally large number of problems with answers.
5. The Illustrative Solved Examples include the various problems from the latest question papers of the various Universities as well as various Competitive Examinations.
6. A large number of Multiple Choice Questions have been given at the end of the book.
7. ‘Summary of Main Points’ given at the end of each Chapter will be helpful to the students to brush up their preparations on the eve of examination. This single book will therefore fufil the entire needs of the students appearing at the various Universities as well as Competitive Examinations such as Engineering Services, Indian Civil Service, and those preparing for AMIE examinations. Further a large number of Illustrative Solved Examples have been included which show the application
of theory to field problems. As such, the book will also be quite useful for the practicing engineers. The author does not claim originality of ideas in any part of the book. The main object of writing this text book is to present the subject matter in a simplified form. Suggestions and comments from the readers for the improvement of the text in the forthcoming edition will be appreciated thankfully.
Degree, Diploma and A.I.M.E. (India) Students and Practicing Civil Engineers
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dr. P.N. Modi
B.E., M.E., Ph.D
Former Professor of Civil Engineering,
M.R. Engineering College, (Now M.N.I.T), Jaipur.
Formerly Principal, Kautilya Institute of Technology and Engineering, Jaipur
SKU: ISBN - 9788189401306
₹450.00 Regular Price