★ABOUT THE BOOK:
The earlier fifth editions of the book have received immensely encouraging response from the students as well as the teachers. This has enabled bringing out of the sixth edition of the book so soon. While the main objectives of the fifth edition are identical with those of the fourth edition, the book has been thoroughly revised and several new articles have been added. The subject matter has been presented in a simple language. The basic principles involved in the design of various irrigation works have been thoroughly explained. The book covers the complete syllabus of this subject for the students studying at first degree course of the various Indian universities. Some advanced topics included in the book will be useful for the students studying at the post graduate level. The book will be quite useful for the various competitive examinations such as Engineering services and ICS examinations and it will be equally suitable for the students preparing for AMIE examinations.
- -Various designs of the irrigation structures are based on the latest IS Codes.
- Several empirical methods of estimating. evapotranspiration such as modified penman method, hargreaves methods, modified blaney criddle method, etc., are discussed.
- Treatment of earthquake forces acting on gravity dams is thoroughly explained.
- Detailed discussion regarding the provision of water stops at the contraction joints in gravity dams as per IS Codes is made.
- Some aspects of financial analysis of a project are discussed with planning for water resources development.
- Number of design problems have been solved in details.
- Subject matter is supported by very good diagrams and illustrative examples.
- A large number of multiple choice questions with answers are given.
[S.I. UNITS] (A textbook for all Engineering Branches, Competitive Examination, ICS, and AMIE Examinations)
★ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
B.E., M.E., Ph.D.
Former Professor of Civil Engineering,
M.R. Engineering College, (Now M.N.I.T.), Jaipur.
Pages: 1216 + 18
Edition: 11th, Year - 2020
Size: L-24.2 B-18.3 H-5.2
STANDARD BOOK HOUSE Since 1960
Rajsons Publications Pvt Ltd
4262/3A Ground Floor Ansari Road
Daryaganj New Delhi-110002
+91 011 43551185/43551085/43751128/23250212
Retail Office :
1705-A Nai Sarak Delhi-110006
A venture of Rajsons Group of Companies
Irrigation Water Resources and Water Power Engg (SI Units) (A-4-Size)
All rights are reserved with the Publishers. This book or any part thereof, may not be reproduced, represent, photocopy in any manner without the prior written permission of the Publishers.