About the Book
The earlier fifth editions of the book have received immensely encouraging response from the students as well as the teachers.This has enabled bringing out of the sixth edition of the book so soon. While the main objectives of the fifth edition are identicalwith those of the fourth edition, the book has been thoroughly revised and several new articles have been added. The subjectmatter has been presented in a simple language. The basic principles involved in the design of various irrigation works havebeen thoroughly explained. The book covers the complete syllabii of this subject for the students studying at first degree courseof the various Indian universities. Some advanced topics included in the book will be useful for the students studying at the postgraduate level. The book will be quite useful for the various competitive examinations such as Engineering services and ICSexaminations and it will be equally suitable for the students preparing for AMIE examinations.
- Treatment of earthquake forces acting on gravity dams is thoroughly explained.
- Detailed discussion regarding the provision of water stops at the contraction joints in gravity dams as per IS Codes is made.
- Some aspects of financial analysis of a project are discussed with planning for water resources development.
- Number of design problems have been solved in details.
- Subject matter is supported by very good diagrams and illustrative examples.
- A large number of multiple choice questions with answers are given.
- Author: Dr. P.N. Modi
- Pages: 1070 + XVII
- Edition: 10th, Year-2018
- Size: 7-1/4 x 9-1/2 (A-4)
- Publisher: STANDARD BOOK HOUSE