- Various designs of the irrigation structures are based on the latest IS Codes.
- Several empirical methods of estimating. evapotranspiration such as modified penman method,hargreaves methods, modified blaney criddle method, etc., are discussed.
- Treatment of earthquake forces acting on gravity dams is thoroughly explained.
- Detailed discussion regarding the provision of water stops at the contraction joints in gravity dams as per IS Codes is made.
- Some aspects of financial analysis of a project are discussed with planning for water resources development.
- Number of design problems have been solved in details.
- Subject matter is supported by very good diagrams and illustrative examples.
- A large number of multiple choice questions with answers are given.
A textbook for Degree, Diploma and A.I.M.E. (India) Students In SI UNITS
★ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Joint Director (Retd.)
Directorate of Technical Education
Pages: 740 + 16
Price (Paperback): Rs. 220.00
Price(Hardbound): Rs. 660.00
Size(cms): L-24.2 B-15.6 H-2.8
All rights are reserved with the Publishers. This book or any part thereof, may not be reproduced, represent, photocopy in any manner without the prior written permission of the Publishers.