★ABOUT THE BOOK:
The book “Irrigation Engineering” has completely been revised, enlarged updated. Latest Indian standards pertaining to the design of various irrigation structures have been incorporated. Lot of latest literature has been added in almost all the chapters so that the present book may fulfill the latest need of both degree and diploma students of Civil Engineering. The author appreciates the effort put in by the publishers in bringing out the book in such a nice form. Suggestions from the readers for the improvement of the forthcoming editions of the book will be most gratefully acknowledged.
- Various designs of the irrigation structures are based on the latest IS Codes.
- Several empirical methods of estimating. evapotranspiration such as modified penman method, hargreaves methods, modified blaney criddle method, etc., are discussed.
- Treatment of earthquake forces acting on gravity dams is thoroughly explained.
- Detailed discussion regarding the provision of water stops at the contraction joints in gravity dams as per IS Codes is made.
- Some aspects of financial analysis of a project are discussed with planning for water resources development.
- Number of design problems have been solved in details.
- Subject matter is supported by very good diagrams and illustrative examples.
- A large number of multiple choice questions with answers are given.
A textbook for Degree, Diploma and A.I.M.E. (India) Students In SI UNITS
★ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Joint Director (Retd.)
Directorate of Technical Education
ISBN : 978-81-89401-32-0
Pages: 740 + 16
Size: L-24.2 B-15.6 H-2.8
STANDARD BOOK HOUSE Since 1960
Rajsons Publications Pvt Ltd
4262/3A Ground Floor Ansari Road
Daryaganj New Delhi-110002
+91 011 43551185/43551085/43751128/23250212
Retail Office :
1705-A Nai Sarak Delhi-110006
A venture of Rajsons Group of Companies
All rights are reserved with the Publishers. This book or any part thereof, may not be reproduced, represent, photocopy in any manner without the prior written permission of the Publishers.