About the Book:
• Revised and updated chapters including new drugs and latest treatment guidelines.
• Wide range of topics from basic pharmacological concepts to practical therapeutics.
• A new chapter on 'Nitric Oxide and Vasoactive Peptide Signal Molecules’; has been added along with novel drugs that act by modifying action/turnover of these molecules.
• Priority has been accorded to drugs that are marked in India, and their leading brand names are mentioned along with dosage forms.
• List of abbreviations provided in the beginning of the book.
• All recently released drugs are included.
• Eye catching drug classification charts which help create pictorial memory.
• Several new figures, charts, tables and highlight boxes have been added.
• Focus on 'evidence-based medicine' by extensive reference to credible studies and endpoint trials.
• India-specific information on diseases, drugs and treatment guidelines, particularly for TB, leprosy, HIV-AIDS, malaria, kala-azar, etc.
• Therapeutic recommendations from eminent professional bodies and organizations.
• The ‘Problem Directed Study’ at the end of most chapters provides an exercise in therapeutic decision making.
• Includes Appendices on Solution to Problem Directed Study; Prescribing in Pregnancy; Drugs in Breastfeeding; and Drugs and Fixed Dose Combinations Banned in India.
• A brief list of useful references for further reading is provided at the end of the book.
Publish Year: 2019
Size: 6.75" X 9.75"
Cover: Type Hard Back
With CD/DVD: No
Essentials of Medical Pharmacology by KD Tripathi
All rights are reserved with the Publishers. This book or any part thereof, may not be reproduced, represent, photocopy in any manner without the prior written permission of the Publishers.
We accept returns. T&C Apply.