★ABOUT THE BOOK:
In the Seventh Edition of the book, the Author has revised the complete text of the book in S.I. Units Practically. The diagrams for the standard train of railway and highway bridge loads have been retained in metric units. The design of light gauge steel structural members in general building construction has been revised as per code of IS: 801-1975. The various expressions for the determination of effective width of elements and for the allowable design stresses and other have been given in S.I. Units along with the respective expressions in metric units for the purpose authenticity. The illustrative examples for the analysis of multistory buildings subjected to lateral loads have been by given free body diagrams for the members and joints for the internal forces.
- Each topic introduced is thoroughly described.
- This book is completely written in SI system of units. Indian standard specifications (IS: 800-1984) have been followed throughout the text.
- The text of this subject has been introduced, presented and described in a sequence most naturally desired and appealed to the students.
- The various Notations used throughout this text book is as per code of practice IS: 800-1984.
- Revised Wind Load as per IS: 875 (Part-3)-1987 has been used.
- Abbreviated Designations for various rolled steel sections (including MB and MC series) as per IS: 808-1989 have been used throughout.
- A number of design examples have been given in each chapter to illustrate the theory and practice unsolved design problems have also been given in each chapter.
- The diagrams illustrates distinctly the detailing of connections.
- This book follows current design practice.
A textbook for all Engineering Branches, Competitive Examination, ICS, and AMIE Examinations For Degree, Diploma and A.I.M.E. Students and Practicing Civil Engineers
★ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dr. Ram Chandra
B.E., M.E. (Hons.), M.I.E., Ph.D. (Roorkee) , MIE
Professor and Head
Department of Structural Engineering
M.B.M. Engineering College
University of Jodhpur, Jodhpur (Rajasthan)
SIZE (cms): L-24.5 B-15.9 H-3.4
STANDARD BOOK HOUSE Since 1960
Rajsons Publications Pvt Ltd
4262/3A Ground Floor Ansari Road
Daryaganj New Delhi-110002
+91 011 43551185/43551085/43751128/23250212
Retail Office :
1705-A Nai Sarak Delhi-110006
A venture of Rajsons Group of Companies
Design of Steel Structures Vol. II (IS 800 1984)
All rights are reserved with the Publishers. This book or any part thereof, may not be reproduced, represent, photocopy in any manner without the prior written permission of the Publishers.